* Design and develop the curriculae of Diploma, Post Diploma and Advanced Diploma Programmes.
* Grant affiliation to the instructions running MSBTE's programmes.
* Conduct academic monitoring of the affiliated institutions, through Curriculum Implementation and Assessment Norms (CIAAN).
* Organise Faculty Development Training Programs e.g. content updating trainings, soft skills trainings, industrial trainings and management trainings, hands on skills trainings for polytechnic teachers.
* Grant equivalence to the programmes offered by autonomous polytechnics & other organisations.
* Conduct examinations, declare results and award certificates.
* Recommend opening of Diploma level technical Institutions, variation in intake capacity and closure of the institutions.
* Felicitate the State level rank holders and award certificates of Merit.
* Prescribe standards for curriculum, infrastructure and other resources.
* Generate question papers through Question Banks.
* Design and develop curriculae of need based Diploma programmes.
* Develop Lab Manuals, CAI Packages, Text books and other Learning resource packages for effective teaching learning process.
* Revise the curriculae of the existing programmes periodically on scientific basis by conducting search conferences, studying technological advancements, latest market requirements, job analysis etc.
* Undertake controlled academic autonomy projects of the Polytechnics outside Maharashtra State.
* Undertake external projects, consultancy and other assignments related to examination system and technical education.
* Organise Career Fairs to promote technical education especially in remote places.
* Organise MSBTE State level technical competitions e.g. Students Paper Presentation, Technical Quiz etc.
* Issue Scholarships to the needy and meritorious students.
* Conducts Online MSCIT Examinations.